Information about Betadine 2% Gargle Mint
Uses / Indications: Betadine 2% Gargle Mint is used to prevent infections.
- Product composition:
- Povidone Iodine (2% w/v)
Interactions / Warnings: No interaction found
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Betadine 2% Gargle Mint may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- Apply a small amount of povidone iodine solution to the affected area after cleaning it properly.The affected area can be left uncovered or covered with a sterile bandage.If you experience a skin rash, hives, or itching, or any other unusual reaction after using this product, discontinue use and contact your doctor as soon as possible.Povidone iodine cutaneous spray powder is meant for external application and should not be instilled in eyes, nose, or mouth.Do not use the povidone iodine solution on large parts of the body for more than a week unless advised by your doctor.Seek doctor’s advice before use if injuries are deep or puncture wounds or serious burns.
- Side Effects:
- Skin discolouration, Increased sodium level in blood, Renal impairment, Metabolic acidosis, Increased level of thyroid hormones, Decreased level of thyroid hormones in neonates, Deep tissue toxicity, Mucous membrane toxicity, Superficial keratitis.
- How to use:
- This medicine is for external use only. Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Do not dilute the solution. Gargle in the mouth for at least 30 seconds and spit after use.
- How it works:
- Povidone Iodine is broad spectrum antiseptic for topical use. Povidone iodine liberates iodine in contact with the skin causing antiseptic action..
- Faq for medicine:
- Is povidone iodine the same as betadine? : Yes. Betadine is the brand (proprietary) name of povidone iodine|Is povidone iodine the same as iodine or iodine tincture? : No. Povidone iodine is the stable chemical complex of povidone (polyvinylpyrrolidone i.e. PVP) and elemental iodine. Iodine tincture has iodine and potassium iodide dissolved in ethanol and water. Both the formulations show antiseptic action|Does povidone iodine kill yeast : Yes. Povidone iodine being disinfectant and antiseptic inhibits the growth and development of microorganisms|Does povidone iodine burn : Topical application of povidone iodine may cause slight irritation. Temporary staining of affected area is also possible. However, it is not a matter of concern and gets resolved quickly|Is povidone iodine safe? : Povidone iodine is safe when used at prescribed dose and duration as directed by doctor|Does povidone iodine contain alcohol? : No. Povidone iodine is stable chemical complex of povidone (polyvinylpyrrolidone i.e. PVP) and elemental iodine|Does povidone iodine stain teeth? : Povidone iodine should be used externally. It should not be used on teeth.