Information about Terabet gm Cream
Uses / Indications: Terabet gm Cream is used in the treatment of skin infections.
- Product composition:
- Clobetasol Topical (0.05%w/w), Miconazole Topical (2%w/w), Neomycin Topical (0.1%w/w)
Interactions / Warnings:
No interaction found
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Terabet gm Cream may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Side Effects:
- Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness), Skin thinning.
- How to use:
- This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the cream. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
- How it works:
- Terabet gm Cream is a combination of three medicines: Clobetasol Topical, Miconazole Topical and Neomycin Topical. Clobetasol Topical is a steroid medicine. It blocks the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that make the skin red, swollen and itchy. Miconazole Topical is an antifungal which stops the growth of fungi by preventing them from forming their own protective covering. Neomycin Topical is an antibiotic which kills bacteria by preventing the synthesis of essential proteins, required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.