Information about Burnheal Cream
Uses / Indications: Burnheal Cream is used in the treatment of Inflammation of gums, Infections
- Product composition:
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate (0.20% w/w)
Interactions / Warnings:
No interaction found
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Burnheal Cream may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- Use Chlorhexidine Gluconate after meals, it may affect the taste of foods and beverages. For maximum effectiveness avoid rinsing mouth (with water or any other mouthwash), brushing teeth, eating or drinking for 30 minutes after using the Chlorhexidine Gluconate. Chlorhexidine Gluconate may cause permanent discolouration of some tooth fillings. To minimize discolouration, brush and floss daily, focussing on the areas which begin to discolour. Do not mix/dilute Chlorhexidine Gluconate with any other product. Avoid contact with eyes and ears. If the solution comes in contact with your eyes, rinse well with water. Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.Side Effects:
- Altered taste, Application site irritation, Teeth discolouration.
- How to use:
- This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the cream. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
- How it works:
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate kills the harmful bacteria and fungi by attacking their outer covering.