Information about Danclear Cream
Uses / Indications: Danclear Cream is used in the treatment of dandruff.
- Product composition:
- KETOCONAZOLE TOPICAL (2%w/w), Zinc pyrithione (1%w/w)
Interactions / Warnings:
No interaction found
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Danclear Cream may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Side Effects:
- Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness).
- How to use:
- This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the cream. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
- How it works:
- Danclear Cream is a combination of two antifungal medicines: KETOCONAZOLE TOPICAL and Zinc pyrithione which treat dandruff. KETOCONAZOLE TOPICAL is an antifungal medicine while Zinc pyrithione is a coordination complex of zinc. They stop the growth of fungi that cause dandruff by preventing them from forming their own protective covering.