Information about Levogen Tablet
Uses / Indications: Levogen Tablet is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, tonsils, sinus, nose, throat, female genital organ, skin and soft tissues, windpipe and lungs (pneumonia).
- Product composition:
- Levofloxacin (NA)
It is generally safe to consume alcohol with Levogen Tablet.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Levogen Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- Your doctor has prescribed Levogen to cure your infection and improve symptoms. Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Discontinue Levogen and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing. Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools. Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Side Effects:
- Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Levogen Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.Avoid Levogen Tablet with dairy products such as milk, cheese, curd, butter, paneer and ice cream.
- How it works:
- Levogen Tablet is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from reproducing and repairing themselves. This treats your infection.
- Faq for medicine:
- What is Levogen? : Levogen is a quinolone antibiotic. It works by killing the bacteria that cause infections in your body. It can be used to treat infections of the sinuses, lungs, urinary tract, including your kidneys or bladder, prostate gland and skin and soft tissue. |Can I take Levogen with prednisone? : Levogen and prednisone when taken together may increase the risk of tendon rupture (a tendon is a cord that joins your muscle to your bones). If you experience pain and inflammation in your tendons or ligaments, which could lead to rupture, stop taking Levogen immediately and talk to your doctor. Always consult your doctor before taking the two medicines together.|Is Levogen a narcotic substance? : No, Levogen is not a narcotic substance. It is a quinolone antibiotic.|Can I take Levogen with loratadine? : Levogen can be taken with loratadine. No drug-drug interactions have been seen between the two. However, interactions can occur. Please consult your doctor before taking the two medicines together.|Can I take Levogen with esomeprazole? : Levogen can be taken with esomeprazole. No drug-drug interactions have been seen between the two. However, interactions can occur. Please consult your doctor before taking the two medicines together.|Does Levogen affect birth control? : Levogen can be taken with birth control pills (oral contraceptive pills). No drug-drug interactions have been reported between them. However, interactions can occur. Talk to a doctor to confirm whether you need to use extra precaution while taking Levogen with birth control pills.|Can I take Levogen for a tooth infection? : Levogen is not used to treat tooth infection. If you think you have a tooth infection, talk to a doctor and start antibiotics only as advised, do not start antibiotics on your own.|Can I take Levogen for streptococcal throat infection? : Levogen is active against streptococcus bacteria and can be used for the treatment of a streptococcal sore throat. If you think you have a sore throat infection, talk to a doctor and start antibiotics only as advised, do not start antibiotics on your own.|Is Levogen same as ciprofloxacin? : Levogen and ciprofloxacin are two different antibiotics, however, they belong to the same class of quinolone antibiotics. Levogen is as effective as ciprofloxacin for treating complicated urinary tract infections. In men with chronic bacterial prostatitis treated for 28 days, oral Levogen 500mg once daily achieved similar clinical and bacteriological response rates to oral ciprofloxacin 500mg twice daily. Levogen is more active against Gram-positive organisms than ciprofloxacin. Ciprofloxacin is an economical alternative and Levogen is active against many bacteria but can cause damage to your tendons. So, it is advisable that you must talk to a doctor for the right choice of antibiotics for your infections.|Can I take Levogen for tonsillitis? : Levogen is not indicated for the treatment of tonsillitis. If you think you have tonsillitis, talk to a doctor and start antibiotics only as advised, do not start antibiotics on your own.|Can I take Levogen with guaifenesin? : Levogen can be taken with guaifenesin. No drug-drug interactions have been seen between the two. However, interactions can occur. Please consult your doctor before taking the two medicines together.|Can I take Levogen with paracetamol? : Levogen can be taken with paracetamol. No drug-drug interactions have been seen between the two. However, interactions can occur. Please consult your doctor before taking the two medicines together.|Does Levogen contain sulfa? : Levogen does not contain sulfa. It belongs to a group of medicines called quinolone antibiotics.|Does Levogen cover methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)? : Levogen does not cover methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). Also, MRSA is very likely to have co-resistance to quinolones, including Levogen.|Does Levogen expire? : Yes, like any other medicine, Levogen has an expiry date. Please check the expiry date mentioned on the pack before taking the medicine.|Does Levogen treat bacterial vaginosis? : Levogen is not used to treat bacterial vaginosis. If you think you have bacterial vaginosis, talk to a doctor and start antibiotics only as advised, do not start antibiotics on your own.|Does Levogen cause dry mouth? : Levogen does not cause dry mouth. Talk to your doctor if you experience dry mouth while taking Levogen as it could be due to some other underlying condition.|Is Levogen safe to use? : Levogen is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by the doctor.|Is Levogen penicillin? : Levogen is not a penicillin. It belongs to a group of medicines called quinolone antibiotics.|Is Levogen a steroid? : Levogen is not a steroid. It belongs to a group of medicines called quinolone antibiotics.|Is Levogen a quinolone? : Yes, Levogen belongs to a group of medicines called quinolone antibiotics.
- Medicine interaction:
- Levogen with Tizanidine|Levogen with Selegiline|Levogen with Strontium Chloride|Levogen with Rasagiline|Levogen with Fosphenytoin|Levogen with Phenindione|Levogen with Cinacalcet|Levogen with Phenytoin|Levogen with Warfarin|Levogen with Ropinirole|Levogen with Pentoxifylline|Levogen with Clozapine|Levogen with Magaldrate|Levogen with Nimesulide|Levogen with Pramipexole|Levogen with Oxyphenbutazone|Levogen with Olanzapine|Levogen with Piribedil|Levogen with Metamizole / Dipyrone|Levogen with Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone|Levogen with Glimepiride|Levogen with Glibenclamide|Levogen with Sitagliptin|Levogen with Acarbose|Levogen with Tolbutamide|Levogen with Nateglinide|Levogen with Gliclazide